Exploring the Mind, Brain, Body, Behavior Connection:
Understanding Universal Principles Changes Everything!
Join me for this 8-week online program that explores how incremental insights into the Nature of the Three Universal Principles of Mind, Consciousness and Thought increases the experience of Peace of Mind and maximizes Health in Mind, Brain, Body, Behavior, Relationships, Creativity and Productivity.
I will draw upon my 26 years of mentoring by Sydney Banks, my own 37 year journey of insight as a student and sharer of the Principles and my 50 plus years as a student of medicine, psychiatry, physiology and neuroscience to point to simplicity where there is apparent complexity, clarity where there is confusion, oneness where there is apparent duality and love, understanding and hope where there is lostness, disillusion and all too often, despair.
Newly Expanded and Updated for 2020
Dates: Eight Consecutive Wednesdays starting March 25, 2020 from 0900 PDT, 1200 EDT, 1700UK time for Two hours.
Format: Sixteen Presentations Each of 55 minutes with a 10 Minute Break in between the Presentations. Followed on June 17th by a 2 Hour (mid 10-minute break) follow up Q&A starting at the same time as the session. The sessions will be recorded. Video replays will be available for 30 days after the course ends and audio recordings will be downloadable for personal use.
Objectives: At the Completion of the Program the Participants will Have an Increased Ability to Discuss:
- The Three Universal Principles (Mind, Consciousness, Thought) as the Essence of Everything
- All Living Creatures Also Utilize These Principles to Create their Personal and Unique Experience of Life One Thought at a Time
- Every Human Being has Mental Health Within Them Now
- People are Never Broken and Have Nothing Lacking
- Diagnostic Labels are a description of WHERE a person is but never of WHO they ARE
- There is One Cause and One Cure to All Mental Suffering
- There are Two Thought Systems: The Divine Thought System and The Personal Thought System
- Universal Mind and personal mind are two ways of using the same mind.
- The Brain Functions as a Computer and is Powered and Informed by Mind Which is the Intelligent Energy of All Things
- Our Feeling Level is a Barometer of Our Thinking
- The Psyche (the individual site of Consciousness) and the Soma (the physical body) are the Same Energy in a Different Disguise
- As Humans We are What we Seek, and Thus Are Guided by Universal Mind at All Times, and Thus Will Be Okay ‘No Matter What’
- Absent a Sufficient Understanding of The Universal Principles, Humans are Prone to Get Caught in Giving Attention and Life to Insecure Thoughts in Reaction to Life’s Challenges Resulting in a State of Chronic Mental Stress (CMS)
- How CMS Chronically Activates the Body’s Emergency Stress Response Creating Progressive Dysregulation of Hormonal Systems, Neurotransmitter Systems, Neuro Circuitry, Immune Systems, Gene Regulation (Epigenetics)
- Psycho – Somatic Dysregulation is Experienced Internally Through Alterations in Mood and Tension, and Thought and Physically
- These Mental Stress Created Dysregulation Experiences (Often Labeled as Symptoms) are Actually Wisdom (Mind) Guided Information, if You Will, a Virus Detector or Metaphorical Geiger Counter Attempting to Protect Us From Ourselves
- Scientific Findings, Seeing Simplicity and Clarity Where others See Complexity and Uncertainty
- Allostatic Load, Stress Resistance, Resilience, Chronic Systemic Inflammation, Epigenetics, Neuroplasticity
- The Role of Forgiveness of Self and Others and Acceptance of Human Frailty in Self and Others in Experiencing Peace of Mind
- The Role of Peace of Mind in Experiencing Optimal Health in Mind, Brain, Body, and Behavior, Relationships, Productivity, Creativity
- The Myths and Grains of Truth Regarding the Causal Influence of Genes, Hormones, Environment, Adverse Childhood Events (ACEs), Traumatic Brain Injury and Variation In Brain Processor
- That Peace of Mind is Possible Regardless of Past Adverse Experiences, Present Life Challenges, and the Reality of Future Uncertainty
More on the Mind Brain Body Behavior Connection
About Your Presenter
Dr. Bill Pettit
Dr Pettit had shared the Three Principles within his psychiatric practice for more than 35 years at the time of his retirement from clinical psychiatry in 2018. Bill was mentored personally for over 26 years by Sydney Banks. Bill was granted an undergraduate degree from Creighton University, and his M.D. degree from the University of Illinois. He was previously board – certified in adult, adolescent, geriatric and mind-body medicine, and twice certified in addiction medicine. He has over 16 years of experience as an academic teacher and presently holds an appointment as Associate Clinical Professor in the Department of Psychiatry at Creighton University School of Medicine. Bill also served as a physician in the United States Navy as a Navy Flight Surgeon and as Chief of Psychiatry of the Navy Nuclear Submarine base at Groton, Connecticut.
Since 1983 Dr. Pettit has been a student and sharer of the Three Principles, presenting at many national and international programs and conferences, and consulting clients, individuals and organizations both locally and abroad.
Bill and his wife, Linda, now live in Phoenix, Arizona, where Bill continues to practice psychiatry two mornings a week, and devoting the rest of his time and energy sharing the Three Principles through as many avenues as possible.
What Others Are Saying About This Course